And even better? If it tastes delicious at the same time. When I was a kid, I loved Dimetapp, the purple cough medicine. That sweet grapey syrup could even make me wish I WAS sick, that's how delicious it was. (by the way, I think I'm really behind on my semi-illegal substances, because when I googled "purple syrup medicine" I got a whole lotta hits for Urban Dictionary and "purple drank".... O.o)
Well, guess what folks: Korea's got Dimetapp beat. I got some cough syrup from a local pharmacy two days ago, since I'd been kept up all night coughing the day before. And despite my fears that it would taste like an unwashed root, the stuff is MAGICAL.
It tastes almost exactly like the "Toasted Marshmallow" jelly bellies you can find in an assorted bag of jelly beans - though finding them meant an occasional accidental swallow of the "Buttered Popcorn" jelly belly.
I may have to stock up on this stuff before my eventual departure from the country. (Toasted Marshmallow Jelly Bellies?!!?!! Why is this not a thing in the US yet?)
Also.... I haven't checked online, but I just realized that I drank wine with dinner (baked salmon and homemade mashed potatoes), and then chugged some cough syrup. It's possible that's a lethal combination, but I'm hoping not, cuz Franks coming over tomorrow, and it would suck if I poisoned myself before then...
Nahhhh, I'll be FIIIIINE! G'night folks! ^_^
Carpe November!
P.s. Squats, CHECK.
Abs, everything but 65 of the crunches which I'll do in the a.m. Swear. I did the 90 sit-ups, 52 leg lifts, 80-second plank and 65 of the 130 crunches, so I'm not sweating postponing a couple.
Minimalism, also postponed. I'm meant to go thru the kitchen and chuck the stuff I don't need or use. This shouldn't take long, considering the size of our kitchen, and the few items we have there. When Frank & I have our caramel-making adventure, I'll go thru everything then, I've decided. Zzzzzzzzz.........

Oh, I'm just like you - typically I "try not to take drugs", but if an illness is messing with my sleep I WILL HAVE NONE OF IT. NyQuil has always been my medicine of choice, though - works like a charm! Though no gel-pills taste as delicious as it sounds like your liquid delight does. :D
ReplyDelete