Monday, November 4, 2013

NaBloPoMo: Day 4 "Rest Day"

Day 4 of my Abs and Squats challenges are "rest day"s, which couldn't have come at a better time. Sore-footed, sleep-deprived, fuzzy-brained - today was the kind of day where I was able to push thru teaching classes because I was focused on reaching the end of them.

Perhaps that's a wee bit dramatic, but it's true that I downloaded "Ender's Game" on my kindle this morning, and I'm 49% through it already. My brain and energy are definitely switched in the OFF position today.

Resting my brain, resting my body. It feels good, and I'm reminded that I have a lot of consuming projects in my life currently, and that taking occasional breaks from the intensity can be revitalizing.

Also, I probably shouldn't have stayed up late last night... ;)

Here's an unintentionally hilarious picture of me (and Daphne!), taken during a recent play I was in. It's kind of how mopey I feel right now.


And it always makes me think of this also-hilarious photo:



Carpe November!

P.s. Abs & squats? No sweat, (Literally) CHECK.
Minimalism: we were supposed to empty our guest bedroom of everything that doesn't belong there. Our guest bedroom is our office and living room and storage  closet, so there were a mere few various and sundry things that needed to be moved/thrown into the donation bun. We also ended up straightening the whole room whe we were at it, so the result was very satisfying. Next time I'll take before/after pics. CHECK.

P.p.s. I really wanted to post a photo update of my wart situation, because they've turned black and creepy-looking, but a member of my adoring blog-public protested. And so I abstain. 
...but they look super gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment