Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NaBloPoMo: Day 13 "Goals: Part 4"

Whew. Well, these brushes with illness are almost disappointing in their brevity. I feel like I was all worked up to being sick, and then suddenly... everything's ok, actually. :)

Sooo.... Yay! Here's to health, and doing all those things you're supposed to do (drink fluids, sleep lots, etc) and actually having them pay off?

Time to get back into the swing of things now, so I'm continuing my series on goals today. We'll call this the 5-year-goal. You know how people ask, "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Well, I've had a pretty clear vision of that since coming to Korea 21 months ago. 

The plan:

Step1 - work in Korea for 3-4 years, saving oodles of cash as we go along, and having plenty of adventures.(*we recently added a very exciting adventure prospect to our agenda, more on that later)

Step2 - tote the cash back to the USA, and having done our research by then, plant ourselves in the most hostel-hungry city in the States. 

Step3 - make bank.

Step4 - use money from hostel #1 to open 2-3 more hostels in our favorite countries all over the world.

Step5 - spend our working lives doing what we do best, and love : traveling, hosteling, writing, being together.

And la voila, the rest of my life! Ok, so there were more than 5 years in that plan... :) 

I remember reading that it can be bad to share ideas before you're in a place to act on them because then your brain thinks that it's already done. I think that's doing a disservice to my brain, to assume it's that stupid. (Not really, but it's too late for me to when it comes to telling others my dreams. I've had this dream since a fateful shower in Korea back in 2010. But more on that next time.) 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Carpe November!

P.S. Abs, CHECK. With Adam's help.
Squats, CHECK.
Minimalism, CHECK. (Opt out of store email offers. Done!)


No comments:

Post a Comment