I fell in love with 11 the day after learning the 9s multiplication tables (10s I already knew), when I learned the 11s times tables and found out that multiplication was actually a FUN GAME when you got to 11. Not work, not memorization, GAMES.
11 x 14? 1 _ 4 then add the numbers in the middle space to get 154.
11 x 26? 2_6, add them, = 286
11 x 59? 5_9, add them, = 649
I'm also a fan of balance and symmetry (usually), and I find 11 to be one of the most aesthetically pleasing numbers out there.
At what time of day/night do you get to stop and make a wish (if you catch it accidentally on the clock)? 11:11.
On what day do we honor war vets in the USA? 11/11.
On what birthday did Bilbo Baggins vanish, and set the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy into motion? 111. (Eleventy-first)
At what time was I born?? 11pm.
Need I say more?
Well, even if you haven't suddenly decided that 11 is also YOUR new favorite number, that's all I have to say today. Sore throat's better, but still sore, and I'm crashing into bed at 9pm for the second day in a row. Here's hoping all this sleeping and tea-drinking is making a difference...
And to round off this eleventh + 1 post, here's a photo of an excellent specimen of one of my favorite trees, the ginkgo:
Taken this morning, FYI.
Carpe November!
P.S. Abs & squats, CHECK! Today was a very timely "rest day." ^^
Minimalism, CHECK. Adam & I were supposed to donate things that we're holding onto "just in case." Turns out we have 2 types of items in our apt: things we use regularly, and things we use seasonally (Christmas decor, suitcases, guest towels, etc). There really aren't a lot of items we keep on hand "in case." But I did decide to chuck my bag o' bags that I've been hoarding. Any time I get a new paper bag with good handles, I fold it into a bigger bag, JUST IN CASE I need one someday. Thing is, I accumulate these bags a whole lot more quickly than I use them, and now I just have an overflowing paper bag full of paper bags that I needed all of twice... GONE.

No comments:
Post a Comment