I took a brief moment to indulge in self-pity and foot-hate, then decided it was time to get rid of these damn warts. Simple and obvious decision, right? I'd had 2 warts removed (frozen) from my hands when younger, and though it had hurt and I'd almost fainted when walking out, I'd lived through that - and most importantly, those warts never resurfaced.
...Unless... They just traveled to my feet? :(
So I went to the dermatologist. They put me in a room, set this tray down next to me, and then left me to stare at the syringe for a good three minutes. O_O
Passing over the gory bits: turns out that even though this go-round hurt WAY worse than my last wart-freeze adventure, this time I managed to get out of the doctor's office without passing out. Success? We'll find out in 3 weeks when I go to have them checked. I wouldn't dream of leaving you in suspense.
There is a moral to this random and slightly off-putting story, by the way. I've had three annoying, ugly warts on the bottom of my foot for years now. I've always wanted to get them removed, but never actually MOVED in the direction of making it happen. I just picked at them, hated them, picked at them, wished them away, and picked at them some more.
Why hadn't I just gone to the dermo clinic 1.5 years ago? I believe it was a species of procrastination, with a side strain of laziness and a streak of fear. All unsavory traits that prevent us from making good choices. And this year has been all about making things happen, for me. Creating new habits and sticking with them. (Day #264 of flossing every night!) Taking action. Making my life what I want it to be.
"What do you want your life to be, Anna?"
Sooooo glad you asked! I'll tell you in another post.
Carpe November!
P.s. Got some squats and crunches to do before bed, oy vey. For minimalism? Donated a "Learn Hebrew" book set that we've never cracked in 4+ years of ownership, and cleaned out Adam's junk drawers in his desk! *checks off Day 2 with a big red marker*
Passing over the gory bits: turns out that even though this go-round hurt WAY worse than my last wart-freeze adventure, this time I managed to get out of the doctor's office without passing out. Success? We'll find out in 3 weeks when I go to have them checked. I wouldn't dream of leaving you in suspense.
There is a moral to this random and slightly off-putting story, by the way. I've had three annoying, ugly warts on the bottom of my foot for years now. I've always wanted to get them removed, but never actually MOVED in the direction of making it happen. I just picked at them, hated them, picked at them, wished them away, and picked at them some more.
Why hadn't I just gone to the dermo clinic 1.5 years ago? I believe it was a species of procrastination, with a side strain of laziness and a streak of fear. All unsavory traits that prevent us from making good choices. And this year has been all about making things happen, for me. Creating new habits and sticking with them. (Day #264 of flossing every night!) Taking action. Making my life what I want it to be.
"What do you want your life to be, Anna?"
Sooooo glad you asked! I'll tell you in another post.
Carpe November!
P.s. Got some squats and crunches to do before bed, oy vey. For minimalism? Donated a "Learn Hebrew" book set that we've never cracked in 4+ years of ownership, and cleaned out Adam's junk drawers in his desk! *checks off Day 2 with a big red marker*

Go-go-gadget life-changing events (even if it's simple wart removal or flossing)! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete