Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankvember 11/14

Today, I'm thankful for laughter.

For jokes and gags and puns and riddles. For those really really TERRIBLE jokes I learned at Boy Scout camp or from Mr. Gezo (they still make me laugh). For silly movies ("Blades of Glory" "Young Frankenstein") and brilliantly hilarious movies ("A Fish Called  Wanda" "Oscar") and movies so BAD they are hilarious (special mention goes to "serious" drama "The Lake House" for the best unexpected laugh I've ever had over a film - really, it brought tears of glee to our eyes).

For the people in my life gifted with a couple extra funny bones who always have something cheering or witty or ROFL-crazy to say. For uncontrollable giggle fits. For the lovely laugh lines on the faces of people who've really loved life and lived it fully.

For comedians and newspaper funnies. For the jokes section in Reader's Digest - the only part I read for most of my life. For joy that just has to bubble beyond ear-to-ear grins into a full-hearted laugh. For that aching belly pain that comes when you've been laughing too long.

They say laughter is really great medicine. To every person who's ever made me laugh - thanks for extending my life by just that much more.

Here's a bit of funny and a smattering of hilarious and a healthy dose of ROFLs (Warning: foul language in last link) to end this note. :D



p.s. Happy birthday to my funny Bro-in-law, Drew/Jared! I thought 3 brothers was more than enough, but it turns out that one more was just exactly right.

No comments:

Post a Comment