Today, I am thankful for the tiny, not-earthshakingly-significant things that bring me scraps and winks of joy throughout the day/my life.
For example: I was gluing envelopes back together (complicated story), and realized half-way through how dangerous a combination Anna and Elmer's glue are. I sat cross-legged for a full 15-20 minutes after finishing happily picking the glue-skins off my fingertips. I had to exert a masterful amount of self-control to keep from dipping my finger BACK into the glue after finishing, so I could have the pleasure of removing glue from them all over again. A quirky, happy delight.
Also:
Scavenging coke-product bottle caps to add to my My Coke Rewards points.
Scooping up a clean load of warm, sweet-smelling laundry from the dryer.
Taking surveys from eRewards that add $ to my eRewards account.
Looking up "do a barrel roll" on google (DO IT).
Seeing a baby or child in public who's stinkin' adorable.
Remembering a crazy dream from last night.
Finding a beloved article of clothing that was formerly thought as lost.
A starry, crisp night's walk to the store hand-in-hand with husband.
The smell of a woodstove fire in the air.
A bottle of caramel syrup for flavoring my hot chocolate.
Speaking French with a guest.
No comments:
Post a Comment