Tuesday, November 3, 2015

NaBloPoMo 2015: Day 4 "Bibliophiliac's Disease"

When I put #15 on my list "Read 30 books" I realized I had a dilemma. What was my starting point for this list? Was I going to count all of 2015? Or since my last birthday? Or start from when I wrote the list? It was unlikely I would be able to read 30 books in the 4.5 months before my birthday, and I'd already read 30 books since my 2014 birthday. So I decided that for all of my list items, I could only count from the beginning of 2015.

I got to my goal of 30 books by June, which was very shortly after creating my "30 Before 30" list. I'm currently at 45 books, and plan to finish 50 before 2016 - but that's another goal for another list. ;)

Here are my 30 books (plus a few I was too lazy to crop out of my screenshot...):






Some were re-reads (here's looking at you Scarlet Pimpernel and Narnia!), some were fluff (confessions of a romance novel indulger), some were high lit (thoroughly enjoying George Eliot these days! I'm halfway thru Middlemarch), some were life-changing (EATING ANIMALS, go read it, then come back and we'll talk), and some were just FUN.

There are so many books in the world, and so little time. Especially when your old favorites call to you like dear friends, wanting to sit down with a cup of tea and reminisce over fond memories. I usually indulge and revisit past favorite books. Then, I try not to think about how I could have been out there making NEW friends with new books - I think there's pleasure in both.

Just like there's pleasure in a night spent at home, reading and moving quietly about the rooms, and there's pleasure in an evening of laughter and singing at the noraebang with gatherings of acquaintances who feel, in that crowded space, like the greatest of friends.

"Don't ever stop reading." -Me

A

P.s. MY SISTER WILL BE IN KOREA IN LESS THAN 1 HOUR!!! EHRMAGEHRD I'M SO EXCITED!!
P.p.s. I said NO to pastries at Paris Baguette, I said NO to ice cream at Baskin Robbins, but when Adam and I had lunch together (such a treat on a workday) we'd already inhaled the honey puff bread before I remembered that we should have said NO. Soooo... Now, I'll just say I have NO regrets. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I like that last paragraph just before the final line "Don't ever stop reading."

    Yep: NO regrets. We needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you get to read so many books. I am so happy that you get to read so many books.

    ReplyDelete