Does it sound TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?? It's not. Scout's honor.
I was inspired by my friend Amber's post on instagram, showing a refrigerator stuffed full of mason jar salads:
![]() |
| The revolutionary Instagram itself |
And it turns out, when properly packed, these salads last for a week! So at the beginning of the week, Adam and I shop, and then prepare enough salad containers to last for our whole week. We vary the ingredients, using salmon, tuna, chicken, or other protein to bulk them up and keep them from getting too boring. But the staples are usually the same: homemade balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing on bottom, carrots, cucumbers, and chick peas next, then tomatoes, egg, olives, nuts, and finally the lettuce on top.
![]() |
| Doesn't have to be a mason jar - any airtight container will do! |
![]() |
| Delicious finished product |
Carpe cucumber, chick pea, and carrot.
SQUATS: 130, DONE. Ack, when did the number get so high??
SPLITS: 3 mins on each leg! Boy, do joints get creaky from staying in one stretch so long...
BOOKS: I'm reading while I do my splits, now, too. Page 52/179. Progress!
WATER: The warm water helped. Will continue. Almost 2 fulls bottles today!






So glad to share the salad happiness! :)
ReplyDelete