Ok, ok. They didn't say "eh" that often. :) They were wonderful, though, and the reason the GPP exists at all. I couldn't say no. I couldn't turn down the opportunity to manage a whole theater organization. And in addition, I couldn't resist trying to build on their successes by making the GPP bigger and better than ever.
My vision is to build something permanently intertwined in Gwangju's community. An organization that both Korean and foreign residents turn to for their (amateur) performance hungers and dreams. Something that won't be in danger of vanishing if I neglect to ask someone else to take over for me.
And hoo boy, I think I've done it.
Make a committee of people to share decision-making and responsibilities? CHECK.
![]() |
| One of the earliest meetings of the GPP Players |
Start offering workshops that teach performance arts skills to the community? CHECK
![]() |
| Our inaugural Workshop: Stage Movement for Actors |
![]() |
| Workshop leader, Kelly |
![]() |
| Being "Warriors for your Want" |
| very well-attended first effort |
| Character Workshop, led by Tori and Jamie |
| Bold and brave workshop volunteer |
Hold fundraisers to sponsor shows so we can perform in nicer venues? CHECK
![]() |
| GPP Players gathered goodies from aound the world to auction off for profit |
![]() |
| I'm proud of these baskets - put them together myself! |
![]() |
| Some happy raffle winners |
![]() |
| Our upcoming fundraiser, in which BOTH Adam and myself are performing. Yippee! |
Other GPP Players are taking initiative and moving the group forward - Heather and Caitlin started a choir which has regular perforances, and an improv group and dance troupe are also in the works... All in all, EPIC BACK-PATS FOR EVERYONE. And me, too. :)
If I left Korea today, I'd still be proud of this particular legacy, because I don't think the GPP is going anywhere anytime soon. (knock on wood)
Carpe initiative, performers.
SQUATS: rest day! wheee!
SPLITS: Done. 2 mins per leg!
BOOKS: No reading time today, sadly. I'll make up for it tomorrow, a day when I already have a pre-written blog post rrrrready to go.
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment