Monday, November 3, 2014

NaBloPoMo 2014: Day 3 "In it to win it"

I'm a sucker for a challenge. I can't resist this month's siren call of bloggy-blogging every day. Plus, I've got a lot of memories to record from 2014, and I've got a fresh set of goals and dreams to set down. If nothing else, posting about such things on here keeps me accountable.

Shout out to Mary G. for letting me in on the concept of NaBloPoMo, and for the neat-o minimalism challenge she shared from last year. And props to Heather A. for joining in the blogospheric fun this year with me! (If you're also taking part, please comment below so I can follow you.)

NaBloPoMo + GOALS for 2014:

1. Blog every day! Duh.

2. Get fit! I'm participating in a squats challenge again, same as last year. Did my 50, and 55 the first three days despite the moans, groans, and tears heard coming from my achy-breaky leg muscles. I'm also taking a weekly Zumba class (ZUUUMMMMBAAAAAAA!!!!), and I've scheduled 4 rock climbing outings with a friend, to a local climbing gym in the area. Here's an online image of the squats challenge, should you want to join in.... ;)



3. Eat right! Drink moar water! Adam and I are actually on our 3rd week of pre-made salad meals. On Sunday or Monday nights, we sit down and chop and wash and peel and shred and pack up 12 jars of salads to feed us throughout the week. They stay fresh and tasty all week, and we don't have to cook at all! Just winning, all around. For the water, I'm gonna put tape on my water bottles to mark how much I should drink every hour at work, and then stick to it. And have to take more frequent pee breaks, but healthy living ain't without sacrifices, ya know.

4. Splits! I've wanted to get my splits back for years. And there's no time like the present, amirite? Plus, I'm obviously not attempting enough this month. So, I'm using this schedule to stay on track:


5. Read 2 books! The Dubliners and Gone Girl are the books of the month - in that order. Now, if you're like me, you're thinking "only 2 books? That's nothing, girl. I could pack in at least 4, if I really wanted to..." BUT: If I finish these, and have time to move on to more books? That's even more winning! For now I'm sticking to what I know is achievable: 2 decent-sized books, one classic that anyone who's anyone has already read, and one gotta-read-before-watching-the-film book.

And with those 5 goals boldly and merrily pronounced, imma do some splits and squats and pass out for the night. (11:15 is a definite improvement from last night's all-nighter wannabe.)

Carpe diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment