Friday, July 8, 2011

J.O.H.M.: December 2010

 **To those of you who are reading my blog every day (*COUGH* *SARAH* *COUGH COUGH*) :D I apologize that this post is a day late. We have had 2 very frustrating and difficult days here, partly because our internet service has suddenly gone kaput on us. The customers are cranky, which in turn makes us grumpy, and really Wednesday (when they install the new DSL line) just can't come soon enough! Bear with me as I write these in cafes when I can!**

December was just awesome - we had some glorious time off for the holidays and we got to spend that time with family and friends. I had a little get-together with friends in my 'rents house in ATL. My aunt threw a lovely tea-party for the girls on my mom's side of the family. And best of all, my own family came to NOLA and spent Christmas here with us! We had a blast (though my Dad had a subdued blast, being sick, so more like a sparkler...), and Lille even got a couple of music videos shot while here.



ADAM
Oof. Another WALK-IN customer at 3:30AM? Where are they even getting the impression I'm open 24 hrs?
2 Dec


ADAM
Woke 2 find new guy sleeping in commons. Couldn't get in HIS b/c last nite he got wasted, lost all (key incl.) to a mugger.
6 Dec


ADAM
E-mail arrives from Brazil asking 4 a "one-night stand". Don't know if his English is off or he misunderstands my business.
9 Dec


ADAM
Closed kitchen but couldn't find key. Found it, locked kitchen door. Later learn 2 twits in my absence snuck in.. not out.
11 Dec


ADAM
5 police cars in front of hostel when I come back... 'cuz a guest called to fill out a police report for a wallet stolen on Bourbon St. Fake out. #joysofhostelmgmt
12 Dec




ADAM
Neat. A guest left a DVD collection of Hitchcock's movies...20 films here.
14 Dec


ADAM
Have locked myself out of my reservation system's back office. Tech support's on holiday. Uh oh.
27 Dec




ANNA
Tweeting from my new iPod. I love guests who are rich AND forgetful. are sometimes quite joyous!
29 Dec


Christmas Eve in the Bellury Party Room :)





The bonfires on the levee were an incredible highlight - SO COOL!


At my fave NOLA brunch spot, Surrey's. This is me optimistically planning to eat a plate of biscuits and gravy AND a plate of mango-stuffed french toast. NOM NOM NOM!

Adam sporting his sexy new coat - it's definitely winter now

Lunch with Mama B <3


2 comments:

  1. hey! ...I'm reading this blog compulsively as well...wheres my special mention?? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally got one! I already wrote it and everything - patience, friend, paaaaatience....

    ReplyDelete