Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hobbitses!

****NOTE: This post was originally written up on Monday. I'd read 3 chapters of "The Hobbit" at that time. I finished the book on Wednesday without breaking a sweat. It's waaaay smaller than I remembered! I have no clue how they're going to stretch it out over 3 movies...*****


It's December, folks, and we all know what that means:

Snow.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


MORE snow.

The snow wars between students were vicious!


Final exams for my students.

This is what happens when I give "free study" time to my 8th graders :)


Aaaaand, most importantly...


"The Hobbit: Part 1" comes out in theaters!

My friend Mary (check out her fabulous baking blog HERE) recently posted a Hobbit Challenge on her other blog (!blog), and I'm taking her up on it! I lucked out and found a copy of the Hobbit at the community center library downtown, so I'm speeding through it, hopefully in time for our Friday night date with 2 other couples.

Mary! It's the exact same copy... We both just read the GREATEST FANTASY EPIC OF OUR TIME.


UPDATE: Tonight's the night! There is a large group of foreigners poised to descend upon the movie theaters in Gwangju this evening for the beginning of another adventure in Middle Earth. It may not be the 48 frames-per-second version, and it probably won't have Smaug in it, AND I may have a cold today, but I'm still bouncing in my seat with impatience for this evening. See you at the theater...

1 comment: