Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Introducing: South Korea

A visual presentation of our life in Yong-in, South Korea:












































































And for those of you who want explanations:


1. Outside of our apartment

2. Home sweet home!

3. Angle 2…

4. Angle 3…

5. Mini kitchen – complete with sink of dirty dishes

6. Mini bathroom – converts into shower stall when door is closed! What a bargain! (That’s sarcasm. I miss bathtubs.)

7. Our ironing “board” and little green iron

8. Adam cooking our first meal in the apartment

9. And voila – the first feast

10. A *green tea* doughnut from…. Krispy Kreme!!! Not kidding, it's like we never left the States...

11. A coconut onion ring tower from Outback Steakhouse J (See?)

12. Walking to the bus stop on a snowy morning

13. We pass this UFO in the bus every day

14. We also pass this “Carpe Diem” sign, a perfect reminder to start off every day

15. Looking through the front doors of our school

16. Lumpy bumpy snowy parking lot

17. A beautiful building across the street from school

18. Anna the teacher

19. Adam the teacher

20. Map-drawing in Geography class

21. Flower dissections in Science class

22. Labeling the classroom activity in English class

23. Our Arbor Day tree-planting

24. The tragic fate of our Arbor Day magnolia

25. Adam at a groovy DVD bang “Tomato DVD”

26. Our super secret trip to PARIS (wow!)

27. The absurd and intimidating amount of buttons on some Korean toilets. All I want to do is FLUSH - what the heck else is there??

28. Friendly sidewalk fish

29. Oranges and cappuccinos at "Masil", a friend’s coffee shop

6 comments:

  1. yay! just what i've been waiting for. your apartment looks very clean! you guys in your cute lil teachers outfits! aw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you both look great! I really hope the snow is done for the year (And I''m sure you do too) I love the apartment (or room)... So it looks like you found some clothes that fit you! :) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just amazing! But remind me . . . why Korea? whay's your job, how long, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that very professional teacher couple!! :) Where did you shop?

    And I'm a little intrigued by this shower/bathroom...

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Grace: Thanks sistah! I love you so much.

    @ Rach: Thank YOU very much! I'm 99% sure that the snow is finished. (It better be...!) And yes, after a little searching, I FOUND CLOTHES THAT FIT ME. I could get used to this. I miss you too!

    @ KPB: Long-ish story, you've inspired a post! :) Check back tomorrow, I'll answer your questions. <3

    @ Amber: I shopped at a mall, two vendors in the subway station and the pants are hand-me-downs! The shower/bathroom isn't really intriguing so much as annoying, trust me. :) Another reason why I love going to the sauna!! MWAh

    ReplyDelete
  6. is your tv on top of your refrigerator? wow, that would make so much sense! i hate getting up for a snack and missing part of the movie!

    ReplyDelete