We watched "Public Enemies" which was a factual, interesting movie about the bank robber John Dillinger, with disappointing, one-dimensional characters . Meh.
A week or so before that, we watched "Leon le professionel", which is a fictional movie about a hitman who takes in a 10-12 year old Natalie Portman, and has made me cry all 3 times I've seen it.
After the two movies above, though, I firmly informed Adam that the next movie we watched would have a HAPPY ending. No dead people, no unnecessary use of lethal weapons, no tears. Only butterflies and sunshine. Well, the DVD bang didn't have any My Little Ponies flicks, so we settled for "Love Actually" since Adam hadn't seen it.

Before we started, I told him about the hilarious (if embarrassing) storyline in the movie about two movie body doubles who end up working together on a film and falling in love.
After the movie was over, I was basking in the warm, gooey happy ending (ignoring the storylines that didn't end with kisses and hugs all around), when I shot upright - what happened to the body doubles? I could have sworn they were in this movie, but there was not a single image of either of them. Nada, zilch, zero.
I was understandably confused. Was I thinking of a different British film with multiple storylines about people falling in love? If so, why couldn't I remember anything else about it?
One short google search later (which came up with some very blush-inducing results - YOU try typing in "body double movie falling in love" or any variation, and not worrying that someone's going to see your computer screen and get the wrong idea), turns out I was right. Love Actually is the movie, and yet the Love Actually we saw had edited that story right out of the film. Mom always said she wished those parts weren't in the movie anyways, and apparently some enterprising Koreans felt the same way. :)
Mystery solved.
I love that movie!!!! It's one of my absolute favorites.
ReplyDelete