"Oh happy Day,
It's Finally May!"
And with the occurrence of this day, May 1st, Project Thank You Card is officially over.
I'm glad. But only because I will be able to get back to my regular schedule, NOT because I didn't enjoy the project. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and loved the peacefulness of sitting down each day with my little gold box of stationary, and plotting out the words of gratitude I wanted to write to so-and-so.
I didn't reach my goal of 30 letters, but I'm not upset about that for 2 reasons:
1. I wrote 24 letters that really needed to be written, and thanked 24 people who really deserved a massive thank you. That's a lot of letters! (Ahh, nostalgia. Takes me back to those days after our wedding and that other set of thank-you cards...) I feel proud and happy over what I DID get done, so I'm ok with the fact that I didn't actually reach the 30-letter mark.
2. I had an impromptu visit from a dear friend a week ago and got to spend 4+ days hanging out with him and his sister. It interrupted the letter-writing schedule, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
FYI, I haven't mailed a single letter yet. :) Tonight I went out and bought 2 books of stamps and intend to post most of the letters tomorrow, as today is Sunday.
I'm thinking of adding a "THANK YOU CARD" day onto my little weekly schedule, because instead of shrinking my list of people I wanted to thank with this project, the more cards I wrote, the more people came to mind who I'd love to thank for one thing or another. Yikes! Beware: it seems that gratefulness is a catching thing.
On an appropriate note: If you're reading this, O family & friends, I'd like to just say, "Thanks very much!" This blog is for you, as much as for myself.
wink.
No comments:
Post a Comment