Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Bacon Week!

National Bacon Week ends in approximately 1h38mins, and I've got to get this post out to the world before then! Dear readers, forgive my tardiness in sharing the joys and thrills of bacon week with you - if only I'd written this up on Monday, you could have spent the whole week munching on bacon strips, laughing at bacon memes and celebrating the existence of pigs. I hope you'll mark this week on your calendars for next year, and thus be more prepared for the partay.


Mad props to Mary G for initiating and introducing us all to this very important week. She has been frying up all kinds of porky deliciousness all week long, and has even shared her recipes for such bacon-y treats as bacon pot-stickers, candied bacon, and maple bacon cupcakes (um, wow.).

As for me, I'd like to keep this short and simple, and share with you this snippet of a stand-up routine by Jim Gaffigan. The love of bacon that he describes is exactly how much I love bacon. For bacon, I regularly ignore that health-conscious voice in my head - and there aren't any other foods as saturated in fat as bacon that get such special treatment.  In fact, a few weeks ago, I was craving bacon (obviously hadn't taken care of my fat intake for the day) so I went to Wal-mart.
I bought a pack of bacon.
I fried up the whole pack.
Then I ate approx. 2/3 of it.
It's possible I would have eaten the whole pack (don't judge me!), but I grudgingly shared with Adam and Jess.

Right, anyways. I love bacon. Enjoy the clip!


1 comment:

  1. You, mattam, are wonderful! Glad you had fun with Bacon Week...though I hope you didn't make yourself sick (I had to try really hard not to)! :D Love the Jim Gaffigan...such a funny guy. ^_^

    ReplyDelete