Not only was it a holiday (the day after Chuseok, Korean Thanksgiving), but it was also the first day of my favorite month,October - indisputably the best month in the calendar year.
It was glorious. The weather was glorious (blue skies, cool breezes, chill nights for snuggling). We had a glorious amount of NOTHING to do. We read glorious books. We ate glorious food. We overslept, gloriously.
| I attended my tri-weekly hip-hop dance classes - these are my 2 zany instructors :) |
| It's dance class + a show with these two mugs |
| Tiny food! I found another human who shares my obsession for all things tiny, and so we made tiny banana splits together. |
| Presentation needs some tweaking, but they tasted mini-licious. |
| We remembered to stop and sniff the flowers, even... ^_^ |
In contrast with today's Monday, last week feels years and years away...
Today was a regular manic Monday, complete with sleep deprivation, skipped breakfast, crash-and-burn first class attempt (my poor students who have the first period class on Monday morning - they always have the rough version of the lesson.), and general grumpy feelings.
I remember when I was younger, I never understood why Garfield hated Monday so much. In retrospect, it still doesn't make sense for a housecat (who doesn't have to go to work), but at least now I can relate. :)
That said, I still feel happier than any Monday grump has any right to be. Not even my ruefully awful school ID tag has made me lose sight of how good life is right now.
| It could be worse. Having a mile-high forehead is not as bad as having a pimple explosion or looking drunk/stoned... |
Glad to hear things are AWESOME over on your side of the world! Also, it kills me that you're taking a hip hop class. I'm not sure why, but it does.
ReplyDeleteAnd dahlink, your forehead is LOVELY. :D
Yeah, it's like a landing strip for kisses.
ReplyDeleteThat Korean game was fun. Hard to believe, being anti-sports my whole childhood, but I want to go to another one.