Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Madness

Hello world,

This weekend, I realized that I miss my blog, and I want to re-begin updating it regularly. "It's just a habit I have to re-learn, that's all," I thought.

"I'll start small," I thought. "Just a tiny little 'hello' post on Monday, to get me rolling. I'll call it 'Monday Madness!' Yeah, that'll do."

And then I proceeded to have one of the worst days of my life yesterday. In retrospect, I find myself a little amazed that I managed to make it to the ripe age of 26 before having a day like that. There was one piece of bad news after another, and by the end of the day.... well, it wasn't pretty. :) I had no idea how appropriate my made-up title was going to be! Anyway, yesterday was indeed madness personified, but it didn't kill me, I'm stronger now, yadda yadda, all that good stuff. And today is going much better, because I'm remembering that Life is Beautiful.

In fact, Sunday morning, I turned on my husband's computer and saw this post-it note on his desktop: "I am living my dream!"

It was a note to himself, and it warmed me right down to my cockles.

It's so true!:
 The money for my future hostel is piling up in my bank account already.
 Adam is writing articles AND short stories that are being published.
 I'm learning a new language.
 Adam has a part-time PAYING gig at the local foreigner's radio station, which is a very nice C.V. bullet.
 We're getting to travel (some), and have many future travels in the works.

Life is really, really good.

And on that note, let me introduce you to my Monday Madness theme: Korean Quirk GIFs.
There's a woman living in Korea who has taken it upon herself to find funny GIFs that illustrate some of the quirkiest quirks of living in Korea as a foreigner. I'm going to post my faves and expound upon them! **No reading ahead!**

http://kikinitinkorea.tumblr.com/post/30842091551/getting-off-of-work-during-summer

YES! This is LITERALLY what Adam and I have been doing all summer. Except, the clothes have to be peeeeeled off our gross, sweaty bodies, and then we stand in front of our wall AC unit until it dries us and our faces return to a normal color.

I thought New Orleans was humid and gross - but I have to do waaaay more walking around outside in nice clothes HERE. Blech. :)

Happy Tuesday everyone!


"Sunsetting" together



p.s. Happy late, August BDs to my Dad, Mom, Jess & Martha!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you back and writing. Miss you!

    Also, that reminds me of the WhenInAtl tumblr. :)
    http://wheninatl.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete