Friday, September 14, 2012

Chasing the sun

I just typed this up into an FB message to a friend:

Neither Adam nor I wants to be teachers here in Korea for the long term, but it's a step towards our dreams. Adam wants to write full-time (fiction, articles, everything!), and I want to open a hostel. Or two, or three. People usually say, "oh that sounds really fun/cool!" But really, it's just terrifying. And exciting. We're saving up money here in South Korea, and plan to get my business started in the next 3-5 years. ( I get goose-bumps just writing that) And then, my hostels will become wildly successful, I'll be rich enough to support Adam as his sugar momma so he can write, and we'll continue living Happily Ever After! This "life" thing is a breeze.

Wanna know the crazy part?  I believe all  that. And maybe that's part of the necessary insanity that goes along with starting any new venture, but it's still scary. And exciting.

I've seen first-hand all the stress and trouble that goes into starting a business venture, and by much more experienced folk than I - my father, and my last 2 bosses in the USA come to mind.  The good news is, they have all achieved success, AND I KNOW THEM. Perfect future "brain-picking" victims.

That's all, for right now. I'm feeling waves of CARPE DIEM rush through me, and wanted to share the surge. A dream is worth pursuing.

"Don't try to figure out what the world needs. Find out what you're passionate about, and do that. Because what the world needs is more people who are passionate about what they do." - Some wise person
Pure, unadulterated glee. Be around people who make you feel like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment