I'm currently relearning life. I thought I already knew what it meant to "carpe diem"...What it means to accept now and this moment as my life.
But I'm feeling it afresh: Below my toes, at my fingertips, a crisp breath, a triste panorama, what I make of life.
Adam looked at me yesterday and said how impressed he was by me: studying Italian and Korean, going to the gym, practicing violin. Sometimes its that husband pride alone that cajoles me out of a nap (dearly craved) and into action. And I'm always the better for it.
I've been doing all of the above for the past month or so (and other odds and ends), but not blogging. I'm not sure why - I just haven't wanted to write. I'm glad to report that's changed now.
5 mornings ago, I woke up with a song playing in my head. I think it was a song from Zumba class, but that's not important. The important part is that I have missed this "early morning song" phenomenon for the past 4 years. In college, and before then, it was every morning. Music roused me from sleep and I would pop happily awake. Songs would trail along with me throughout my days - Buble, Ditty Bops, Manu Chau, musical theater numbers, pop music, classical music, etc.
It feels like reclaiming a piece of me to have these sweet awakenings again. The cooler weather, the anticipation of imminent change (more on that soon), the new-found relaxation in our job positions, the resolution to continue this pattern of daily action versus procrastination/stagnation - all these things combined are schooling me in why life is precious, and I feel like I'm taking breaths of clear air for the first time in months. Maybe years.
.
Glad you're "back in action"! Can't wait to hear more about your escapades. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, brownies this month - I totally promise it.