Sunday, December 26, 2010

Callerahdough

Well, now these posts are totally out of order. (Grmbl. Me no like.)

Before the fabulous New Orleans Christmas events began to take place (see post below), Adam and I spent a few gorgeous and hilarity-packed days in Colorado, visiting parents, brother and friends.

One of the highlights of this trip was definitely our gift from Beth, Adam's long-time friend: she surprised us with a long, snowy drive out to Hot Sulfur Springs, where we lazed around in deliciously hot pools while snowflakes gently fell on our heads and shoulders.  *Magical*

They didn't fall on my head, though - I wore a hat.  I also wore boots, a coat and a towel for the trips from one hot pool to another. I looked like a weenie next to Adam and Beth, but I was warm. And happy. :)

We all hiked into the mountains one day to scatter the ashes of Becky, their dog who had been in the family for many, many years. Rest in Peace, Becky.

Clouds below mountains - Magnifique!

No wet, no cold, no exposed skin

Waterfall, mineral-coated rock walls, happy bathers




Inside  a hotHOT tiny natural crevice of sulfur water


I think the other highlight of the trip for me - quality time with family aside, as it always trumps everything else - was playing the Wii Fit at Mom Janzou's house.

That stuff is addictive. But FYI, it's totally biased toward people who are good at video games. I've got pretty stellar balance until you put me on a little white boogie-board thing and ask me to dodge virtual shoes and ski slalom poles and river drop-offs.

But seriously, if you haven't goofed around on a Wii before, you should try it. And then buy one. And then invite me over to play with you. 

Breaking news : I have a new power cord for my laptop! And our vacation is over! Which means ... Blog posts again!!

(Listens for applause from Womack Court and Airport Blvd)

(Hears thunderous applause and is gratified)

Next up: "The Treacherous and Terrible Tale of Thanksgiving in Nola"

.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was going to demand pictures immediately after your visit so I could do a post on that, but you beat me to the trick. Now I can just download the pictures from here.

    ReplyDelete