You may think you know the fundamental purpose and specific uses of toilet paper, paper towels and facial tissues...
...but in Korea, these assumptions would be challenged on a regular basis.
Like when you visit a restaurant, and instead of napkins, there is a box of facial tissues on the table. (But feel free to use them when blowing your nose, too!)
Or when you find a toilet paper dispenser attached to the coffee shop counter in place of a napkin dispenser.
Or when you notice an economy-sized roll of hand-drying paper towels (those nasty, useless brown ones) on the wall of a nice restaurant.
Or, you could always just visit the school where I work. In our lobby, there is a little coffee/tea table, with mugs, tea bags, stirrers, sugar, etc. To complete the necessary beverage-making items, we also have a roll of T.P. housed in an awesome robot-head dispenser:
Ours is red. :| (<-- robot smile)
Mostly, I find these differences in paper product placement hilarious. However, if I ever enter a bathroom stall to find those nasty, brown paper towels in place of regular t.p., I will probably change my tune.
.....




I want a robot head dispenser!
ReplyDelete