Last week, Adam and I came to the grim understanding that our visa status(es) here are not quite up to legal standards. Not our fault, unless our ignorance of Korea's laws and the inability to speak Korean count against us.
We promptly informed our employers that we were extremely uncomfortable with this situation, and unless they could fix the visa issue immediately, we would have to leave the school and search elsewhere for work.
Every day since then, our principal (Joe), runs over to me every time he sees me and says very seriously, "Don't worry, Anna, don't worry about your visa, Ok? I'll take care of it, ok? Don't worry!" So, we're heartened. I for one was not looking forward to the prospect of moving locations yet again. As I told Adam, I have some typical female blood coursing through my veins afterall, because I feel this strong DESIRE to set up house - to nest, if you will. Of course, that may also have to do with my obsession with efficiency (a recent revelation to my mind, and now I make a whole lot more sense to myself. :) ). If everything has a place (home), it's easier to find, easier to use, easier to put away - in short, moving drastically limits efficiency.
Also, today has a lot of BIG news!:
- Our first week of real classes is officially over and I think some of my students learned something! (Excepting perhaps 1, who doesn't speak any English, doesn't read well, doesn't write well, and is a fairly extreme case of ADHD...I have hope yet, though!)
- I got 9 hours of sleep last night!!
- Today we opened a bank account and received check cards! Everytime we go to Dunkin Donuts we'll get "Happy Points" which is more motivtion than I needed to stop by there frequently.
- Today we also received cell phones! I love my cell phone. Adam picked it out, but it might as well have been me picking it out, because it's lovely and green and very me. More on that little green beauty in a future post.
Yes, yes. Things are looking up, and I'm not surprised at all.
La vie est tres belle!
I hope your visa issues resolve themselves soon. My girls still speak of you often and tell everyone that Ms. Anna is in Korea.
ReplyDelete