Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's a boy!

Meet Jem: the newest addition to our little family of 2.


He's a real gem
He joined our family on the 25th of October, my 25th BD.

I was so happy to meet him.

(red-faced from yelling into my hands)

He seemed pretty happy to meet us, too:

See the smile?
Today Adam and I practiced riding for the first time, and we discovered that Jem is fairly complicated for a male. He's not as simple as a plain ol' scooter, but not quite as complex as a full-on motorcycle. Gears have to be manually changed, but there is an absence of clutch. (It's weird)

As to his name and gender, I have Grace to thank for the inspiration. The make (model?) of the scooter is a Scout, and I said that Scout was too silly, since it's written all over him. Then Grace said, "Well, you could stick with the Mockingbird theme and name it Atticus?" And as soon as she said that, it was settled.

It was a boy (blue, Adam's fave color) and he was to be called Jem.

Come visit me and you can meet him too.  :D

2 comments:

  1. He's SO cute! Can't wait to see him in person... I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so as soon as I saw that you named him Jem, I thought, "Is that a Mockingbird reference?" For a few years, I was pretty dead-set on naming my firstborn Jem. I <3 biblophiles.

    ReplyDelete