Friday, August 21, 2009

Commencement

Another adventure is about to begin, and yet it feels nothing like any of the other travels I have ever experienced. The best and most exquisite difference is that this time, I will be with my favorite person, my husband Adam. However, perhaps I am just getting older, and hopefully wiser, but it feels just a tiny bit harder to leave everything behind this time. I'm sorry I will be so far away from my grandmother with whom I wish I spent more time, and my family which is constantly growing and changing, and my new baby sister (who I know will grow up oh-so quickly without me seeing all the intermediate changes), and my first real, grown-up job which has been such a blessing and joy, and all my friends who will now be setting up Skype dates instead of coffee dates with me... I think I will also miss Netflix.

And yet. The overwhelming emotion is a thrill of anticipation, mixed with a sort of impatience, that just keeps growing. And growing.

Traveling and airplanes and ADAM and a new language and new challenges and new faces and passports and opportunities and Adam and new fauna & flora and culture shock and so many other unknowns.

I'm getting antsy just thinking about it. But despite my rising levels of adrenaline, I feel compelled to remain connected a little more firmly to everything that is staying in Georgia and the USA. Thus the blog. Here's hoping that it serves it's purpose well.

RANT: I'm not doing mass emails this time, because I'm tired of worrying guiltily that someone out there would prefer not to receive all the blabberings about my travels, yet they don't want to hurt my feelings by saying so to me. So they end up just deleting it, and I worry needlessly and foolishly, because in the end, no one is really harmed by having to delete some random emails. END RANT.

Please please pretty please with a cherry on top, keep in touch, email whenever you can, post on my blog so I'll know if you've been "visiting" me, call me on skype if you see me online, let me know what is going on in your life! I promise to do the same.

"All who wander are not lost."

No comments:

Post a Comment